Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The long and winding road home

Life is like driving down an old country road. The way is rough riddled with nails and long stretches with no gas stations. I have been traveling down this long country road since i left the home that my mother carried me in for nine months. Ever since i have been driving...destination...unknown. My early life was a stop over in the city, plenty of people always willing to lend a helping hand. At this point in my life i have found myself in the desert, a barren land...alone. 5 miles to empty and i haven't seen a sign for a filling station for hundreds of miles. over the course of this voyage i have gotten plenty of flats easily fixed. I have had numerous collisions many leaving dents that remain to this day. This time its serious im almost out of fuel, desperately in need of an oil change and a warm bed to just REST. What am i going to do when i run out of fuel, i have no one to call, no one cares about my struggle. How will i press on? Maybe im on my way to Hollywood to be famous, maybe to New York to be successful but maybe just maybe im on my way to some small town to spend the rest of my life just making it. In any case im tired and i just want to rest...i just need a little rest.